Connecting You With the Services You Need
Radiant Eyecare aims to provide exceptional eye care services to everyone who needs them, regardless of their needs. Give us a call today to discuss your vision concerns, and we’ll book the appropriate appointment for you, whether you need specialty contact lenses or want to know if you’re a good candidate for laser eye surgery—and many things in between.
Emergency Eye Care
If you’ve sustained a blow to the face or eye or have sudden vision symptoms, please contact our office immediately for guidance. If it’s outside of office hours, head to your nearest emergency room for medical attention. Swift action during an emergency could save your sight.
If you experience any of the following, consider it an eye care emergency and seek professional attention immediately:
- A foreign object enters or impales your eye
- Chemical splashes in your eye
- You sustain an eye or facial injury
- Sudden loss of vision, burning, eye pain, or stinging
- Pupils that are not the same size
- One eye is not moving like the other, sticking out, or bulging
- Decreased or double vision
- Bruising, bleeding, or discharge in or around the eye
- Light sensitivity
- New or severe headaches
Eye damage can lead to partial or permanent vision loss without proper treatment. Don’t hesitate to call us!
Myopia, also known as nearsightedness, is a common refractive error we often see in children. When a child has myopia, they have trouble seeing distant objects due to a malfunction in how the eye refracts light. As children grow, so do their eyes, and if the eye grows too long from front to back or the cornea grows too long or steep, a refractive error occurs.
Fortunately, there are ways to control myopia to prevent it from worsening in the future. Our methods of myopia management include:
- Eyeglasses: the most common way to correct myopic vision.
- Contact lenses: like glasses, custom contact lenses can correct myopic vision, but they need to be fitted properly with a contact lens exam.
- Orthokeratology (ortho-k): this method involves wearing specially-designed contact lenses overnight that slowly reshape the cornea. When the lenses are removed each morning, the patient has clear vision throughout the day.
Not all contact lenses are the same. And, thanks to innovations in the optometric world, contact lenses can be customized to fit all types of eyes and deal with certain ocular issues. If you’ve been unable to tolerate contacts or thought your eyes were unsuitable, scleral lenses might be the answer for you.
Scleral lenses suit people who have irregular corneas or severe dry eye syndrome. They differ from regular contacts because they cover more of the eye, rest on the sclera (the white part) and vault over the cornea. This design allows plenty of oxygen to pass through, which can reduce the symptoms of dry eyes. Also, if you have keratoconus or irregular corneas for another reason, scleral lenses can give you the benefit of contacts without the discomfort.
Your first step is coming in for a contact lens exam to determine if you’re a suitable candidate for scleral lenses. Request your appointment now!
LASIK Consultation & Co-Management
Curious about laser eye surgery? Dr. Nguyen has a multitude of experience co-managing the process for her patients. Book a LASIK consultation to discover whether you’re a good candidate for this surgery, and then she’ll refer you to a reputable eye surgeon. After your surgery, you’ll book follow-up appointments at Radiant Eyecare to ensure that your eyes heal properly. Imagine a lifestyle without glasses or contact lenses—book your consultation today.
Visit Us in Cypress
You can find us easily in Suite 180 of the Cypress Creek Plaza shopping mall, which has ample parking and plenty of restaurants and shops to visit after your eye care appointment.
- 9814 Fry Rd, Suite 180
- Cypress, TX 77433
GET IN TOUCH
- Phone: 832.653.6066
- Fax: 832.653.6521
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed